Are you ready for the BBQ season? Try this amazingly simple salad to impress your guests. Creamy avocado & cherry tomatoes with a beautiful balsamic dressing. Always impresses.
When I do a BBQ at home on a hot summer day, I always serve this salad.
It always has people talking about it and wanting another helping.
I first discovered this dish while working on Superyachts as a guests favourite.
So quick to make, 5 mintues and your salad is ready to go.
Get your big beautiful and creamy ripe avocados and cherry tomatoes, cut into cubes. In another bowl, mix 3 mustards together with balsamic vinegar, add the Maldon salt and pepper, then the olive oil, stir and finished. simples.
Decorate around with some baby gem lettuce & basil leaves.
Now that’s does, time to get on with the BBQ.Print
Are you ready for the BBQ season? Try this amazingly simple salad to impress your guests. Avocado & cherry tomatoes with a beautiful balsamic dressing. Always impresses.
2 x large ripe avocados
10 x cherry tomatoes
3 x plum tomatoes
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp English mustard
2 tbsp balsamic Vinegar
3 x tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
Maldon Salt & freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing
- Put the 3 teaspoons of mustards & balsamic vinegar into a bowl.
- Add some Maldon salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- Add your Extra virgin Olive oil and mix with a spoon.
- Cut your tomatoes into cubes and half the cherry tomatoes in the bowl.
- Cut your avocado in half, take out the stone & cut into quarters, peel back the skin. (If it is ripe, it will easily peel away)
- Cut your avocado into chunks and add with the tomatoes.
- Mix well with your dressing and serve into a salad bowl.
- Decorate with baby gem lettuce and a spring of basil.
If your avocados are unripe, leave out of the fridge for a day or 2 to ripen.
Use the best balsamic and extra virgin olive oil you can afford.
Try a few different kinds of balsamic vinegar.
- Category: Salad
Keywords: avocado and tomato salad
Sign up for PopUp Chef's latest recipes and chef secrets!
Enter your name & email.