Very quick to make and really refreshing with the fresh parsley, mint, lemon juice and olive oil. I like to add a little diced chilli to give it a little kick.
Also fabulous with some grilled fish like Sea Bass or maybe grilled Calamari.
Really nice for a light summers lunch.Print
Best ever Tabbouleh salad. A beautiful refreshing Lebanese salad, fresh tomatoes, parsley, mint, lemon juice and olive oil. This healthier version is great served with grilled fish or grilled flatbread and hummus.
- 3 bunches flat-leaf parsley
- 3 sprigs of mint
- 12 x cherry tomatoes
- ½ lemon juice
- ½ chilli
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
- Pick the flat-leaf parsley from the stalks, wash, drain and pat dry thoroughly.
- Crimp a handful of parsley and slice super thinly into strips, place into a bowl.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters and a half again, place into a bowl.
- Pick and slice the mint leaves into strips., add to the bowl and mix slightly with the tomatoes.
- Dice the chilli super fine and put into the bowl.
- Juice the lemon and add into the bowl along with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix well just before serving and place into a nice bowl.
Dry the parsley well so the salad is not wet.
Mix your sliced mint with the chopped tomatoes to stop from browning.
Mix altogether last minute to keep fresh.
- Cuisine: Lebanese
Keywords: best tabbouleh salad
Sign up for PopUp Chef's latest recipes and chef secrets!
Enter your name & email.