Creamy & garlicky chicken pasta is my wife’s favourite dish. Cream and cheese is always a winner at the Bear’s household. Always good if I need to earn some brownie points.
Super quick to make and so yummy. You can make the creamy chicken, mushroom & sweet potato by the time you cook your tagliatelle.
If you would like a vegetarian option, just simply omit the chicken.
I like to add fresh grated parmesan near the end to add a cheesy creamy texture, so velvety and smooth pasta noodles.
Toss fresh chopped rocket in at the end also to add a peppery fresh taste to the pasta.
Below is my first recipe card which includes step by step videos so hopefully that makes it easier for you to follow and make for your family.
I love feedback so please let me know if you like the dish and tried it.Print
Creamy Chicken, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Tagliatelle. Try this delicious garlicky and velvety cream pasta. Top with parmesan and rocket, surly will wow your guests. Omit the chicken for an equally delicious vegetarian delight.
200 grams of dried Tagliatelle
75 grams of butter
2 cloves of garlic
1 x sweet potato
6 x button mushrooms
150 grams of cooked chicken
284ml of double cream
A handful of Rocket salad or Flat leaf parsley
20 grams of Parmesan
Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a pan of water for the Tagliatelle up to boil.
- Add the butter to a heated pan, add the diced onion and garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- Peel and cube the sweet potato, add to the pan, cook for 4 minutes.
- Put your tagliatelle into the simmering water, cook for packet instructions, probably 10 minutes. Set a timer.
- Add the chopped button mushrooms, cook for a further 2 minutes. Add a few drops more of olive oil if needed.
- Dice your cooked chicken and put into the mushrooms and sweet potato pan. Toss for a minute.
- Pour in your double cream and mix.
- Grate some Parmesan into your pasta, mix.
- Season with a good pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Chop up a handful of Rocket salad or flat leaves parsley into your pan.
- Check how long is left for your pasta, slow the creamy chicken pan if a few minutes away.
- Drain your pasta, add to the pan, mix.
- Serve into a bowl and peel some slices of parmesan to decorate. Enjoy. 🙂
Omit the chicken for an equally delicious vegetarian delight.
Keywords: Creamy chicken pasta
Sign up for PopUp Chef's latest recipes and chef secrets!
Enter your name & email.