Goats Cheese fritters with sweet red onion marmalade and dill yoghurt. Delicious, crunchy and creamy, these fritters are great for a canape or sexy starter.
Simply mix the goat’s cheese with the other ingredients in a bowl.
Roll the goat’s cheese mixture into small balls on a tray and firm them up in the refrigerator.
They are easy to make and you can also freeze the goat’s cheese balls. So making extra is time-saving for the next time you fancy some cheesy fritters.
Once the goat’s cheese balls are firm in the fridge, about an hour, it’s time to breadcrumb them with flour, egg wash and panko breadcrumbs.
It’s best to double breadcrumb these little cheesy fritters so the goat’s cheese does not ooze out while deep frying. Do this by rolling your cheesy balls in flour once, then roll in egg wash and the breadcrumbs. Repeat the egg wash and breadcrumbs twice for a double coating.
Again chill in the fridge to firm up the goat’s cheese before deep frying. Deep fry for just 3 to 4 minutes until lightly golden brown. Serve with sweet red onion marmalade and dill yoghurt like below.Print
- 300 grams of Goat’s cheese
- ¼ red onion
- 1 x chilli
- 35 grams of yellow pepper
- 35 grams of red pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander (optional)
- salt & pepper
- 100 grams of flour
- 2 eggs
- 50ml of milk
- 50 to 100 gram of Japanese Panko breadcrumbs
- Finely dice the red onion, chilli and peppers into a bowl.
- Add the goat’s cheese and chopped herbs.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Mix all together well and roll into balls on a tray.
- Refrigerate to firm up the goat’s cheese balls.
- Now for the breadcrumbing, place the flour in 1 bowl, mix the egg and milk in another bowl and add the panko breadcrumbs into another bowl.
- Roll all the goat’s cheese balls in the flour and place on a tray or with cling film on the surface.
- Roll each ball in the egg wash and then the breadcrumbs, repeat twice for each ball.
- Allow the balls to firm up again in the fridge.
- Heat the deep fryer to 180°c.
- Deep fry the goat’s cheese balls for 2 to 4 minutes until slightly golden brown.
- Serve with red onion marmalade and dill yoghurt.
Make sure to double breadcrumb the goat’s cheese balls so the goat’s cheese does not ooze out while deep frying.
Once you mix and roll the goat’s cheese balls, you can freeze them before breadcrumbing. So you can make extra for another time.
Keywords: Goat’s cheese fritters
Sign up for PopUp Chef's latest recipes and chef secrets!
Enter your name & email.