This Spicy lemon Asian beef salad is so tasty and refreshing. Very simple to make once you have the dressing premade and beef roasted.
I found the spicey lemon dressing from a classic Nobu salad. It’s simply served with mesclun salad leaves, sprinkled with thin crispy garlic chips and sesame seeds. It almost looked like a boring salad. Once I tasted it, I was amazed and my perception of salads if forever changed.
The dressing is so good, you can use with just plain salad leaves to really bring a salad to life. The spicy tart lemon flavour of the dressing really wakes your senses.
So I took the dressing and made it with thin strips of carrot, cucumber, peppers and bean sprouts. I added fresh sprigs of mint and coriander. I finished it with roast rare beef slices on top. Sprinkle with a little more dressing over the top and sesame seeds.
Perfect for a summers day as a main meal. Enjoy.Print
A beautiful refreshing Spicy Asian Beef salad that truly excites your taste buds. So good and a very healthy. The flavour of the spicy lemon dressing, crunchy vegetables, fresh sprigs of mint and coriander along with the succulent beef slices is a delight to eat.
- 1 x carrots, thin strips
- 1/2 cucumber, thin strips
- 1/2 red pepper, thin strips
- 1/2 yellow pepper, thin strips
- A small handful of bean sprouts
- A small bunch of Mesclun salad
- 4 sprigs of mint, picked
- 5 springs of coriander,
- Toasted sesame seeds
- 150 ml of lemon juice.
- 3 teaspoons & 3 Tbsp light Soy Sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon Garlic Purce (Grated)
- “Maldon Sea salt – 1’2 teaspoon
- a little ground black pepper
- 10+ ½ tablespoon Grapeseed oil
- Cayenne pepper to correct spice.
- 8oz beef fillet
- Olive oil for cooking
- salt and pepper
Dressing – Spicy lemon Nobu dressing
- First, make the dressing by juicing the lemons into a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Store in an airtight container and place in the fridge for later use.
- Makes enough for several salads.
Roast Wagyu Beef Fillet
- Preheat oven to 180oc
- Heat your frying pan until really hot.
- Lightly oil your beef fillet and season with salt and pepper
- Seared all around in the pan.
- Cook for 4-7 minutes in the oven, allow to cool and place in the fridge until needed.
For the salad and final serving
- Peel and thinly slice into strips your carrot, also thinly slice into strips your cucumber, red and yellow pepper. Place into a large salad bowl.
- Add your bean sprouts, mesclun salad, springs of mint and coriander.
- Add 4-5 tablespoons of Spicy Nobu lemon dressing.
- Mix well together and place into your serving bowl.
- Carve your beef on a meat board into thin slices.
- Sprinkle with toasted white sesame seeds.
- Serve and enjoy.
Wagyu is a very expensive breed of cattle. You can substitute it for a regular beef fillet.
Make the dressing, several days before to make life easier.
You can omit the beef for a nice Spicey Nobu salad that is vegetarian.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Spicy Nobu beef salad
Sign up for PopUp Chef's latest recipes and chef secrets!
Enter your name & email.