I love this Thai red curry sauce recipe, it’s so versatile and so tasty. I have to admit, I think it’s one of the best Thai red curry sauces I’ve had.
I like to buy my Asian ingredients from a tradition Asian store as you can buy classic brands like Mae ploy & squid brand fish sauce. I prefer these over supermarket varieties. If you’re in Thailand, you can buy curry paste like below in little packs.
They are so many variations you could use the Thai red curry sauce, here are a few suggestions to try.
- Steamed with mussels and a crusty baguette.
- Pave of Salmon, wok Asian vegetables and steamed jasmine rice.
- Shitake mushroom, tofu, peppers and bamboo shoots.
- Pumpkin, aubergine and morning glory.
- Chicken, courgettes and red peppers.
- Broccolini, baby sweet corn and sweet potato.
This sauce makes enough for between 6-8 portions depending on how much you serve. It keeps really well in an airtight container for 2 weeks in the fridge also. So you can try a different variation in a week or so.
Personally I love the Thai red curry with a Pave of salmon, wok vegetables and steamed jasmine rice or fresh steamed mussels for a lighter lunch.
Enjoy the recipe below and happy cooking. #popupchefuk