PopUp Chef brings you these fresh, tasty and very healthy rice paper rolls. If you haven’t tried these before you are in for a treat. Super easy to make once you know-how and they are delicious with lots of variations of dipping sauces.
With fresh mint and coriander along with strips of carrot, cucumber, bean sprouts, daikon radish, red and yellow pepper and mange tout. It’s a super crunchy and refreshing bite. Along with the Thai dipping sauce, you get the spicy, salty, sweet and sour flavour.
It may seem intimidating to use the rice paper sheets if you’ve never used them before, yet they are really simple. You just soak the rice paper sheets individually in cold water for 5 seconds and place them on a wet tea towel, ready to fill.
Here’s how I fill and roll them in the video below.
If you fancy making them a little more adventurous, you can add variations into your rolls such as.
- Peking duck
- Korean bbq pork
Variations of dippings sauce could be,
- Peanut dipping sauce
- Thai dipping sauce
- sweet chilli dipping sauce
Traditionally vietnamese rice paper rolls have rice vermicelli noodles inside, which I omit to make a healthier version.
Your choice in how to fill these are endless, strips of avocado would work well too.
They’re fun to make and fun to eat so why not, give them a try, you will not be disappointed.Print
- Juice the limes into a bowl
- Add the fish sauce & sugar.
- Microplane (fine grater) the garlic & ginger into the bowl.
- Dice the chilli & coriander really fine.
- Mix all together well and serve in dipping bowls.
Vietnamese rice paper rolls
- Peel and strip the carrot & daikon into fine strips (use a mandoline if possible)
- Slice the peppers, cucumber and mange tout into fine strips with a cooks knife.
- Add to the tray along with the bean sprouts, picked mint and coriander.
- Wet a tea towel and lay on your counter.
- Get a shallow tray of cold water to dip your rice paper sheets into.
- Dip individual rice paper sheets into the water for 5 seconds and lay on your tea towel next to each other.
- Add the mint and coriander face down into the sheets.
- Add the other ingredients, a little at a time.
- Wet your hands and carefully roll the sides, then roll into a cigar shape.
- When ready to serve, slice in half diagonally and serve with a bowl of dipping sauce.
Keywords: vietnamese rice paper roll
Sign up for PopUp Chef's latest recipes and chef secrets!
Enter your name & email.